Select the first letter of the word from the list above to jump to appropriate section of the glossary.
- A -
Also known as Ear Shell, is found in warm tropical waters off the coasts of California, South America, Japan, and China. This shell is commonly used for decorative purposes in jewelry.
Some American Indians use the shell to hold spirit offerings such as tobacco and blue corn. It also makes a great holder for burning sage, sweet grass, and cedar. Abalone may be helpful to build and protect the heart muscle as well as aid the digestion.
Sea shells work well when combined with crystals, feathers, or other shamanic tools. They are especially useful to counterbalance overly dynamic energies due to their watery nature. Energy: Magnetic Element: Water Planet/Sign: Moon; Cancer/Scorpio/Pisces
- Agates (see also Chalcedony)
- Occur in nodular masses in rocks such as volcanic lava. When split open, they have an amazing variety of patterns and colors. They have distinctive banding that separates them from other kinds of Chalcedony. Found in Germany, Uruguay, Brazil, India, China, Mexico, Madagascar, Italy, Egypt, Scotland, and the USA.
- Hindu mystics believe that agate can help children overcome their fears, learn to walk earlier and maintain their balance. Set in a gold necklace, agate will quicken a sluggish metabolism. Place variegated and banded agate crystals under your pillow at night to relieve insomnia and bring good dreams. Brown or black agates with a white ring in the center may be used to ward off the evil eye.
- • Healing PROPERTIES: Brings the Great Spirit into ones life. Attracts good fortune. Increases concentration and clarity. Promotes good will. Aids in overcoming flaws, fears, and loneliness. Removes jinxes, helps eliminate bad luck. Has a calming effect during times of stress. Gives a sense of strength and courage. Encourages fertility. Powerful healer. Especially beneficial for bone marrow and allergies. Energy: Electric Element: Air and fire Planet/Sign: Mercury/Virgo; Jupiter/Sagittarius • Vibrates to the number 7.
- Keeps home safe. Repels "Evil Eye." Helps overcome loneliness and promotes idealism. Brings forth wealth. Builds confidence and strength, helps create inner love. Enhances creativity and knowledge. Creates a sense of calm, heals inner pain. Beneficial for kidneys.
- Vibrates to the number 7.
- A green form of Chrysoberyl. Encourages regeneration, renewal, protection, joy, emotional maturity, purity, grace and elegance.
- Vibrates to the number 5.
- A green or blue-green member of the Feldspar clan. Inspires truth, sincerity, honor, self-love, communication, eloquence, integrity, trust, clairvoyance, clarity, prophecy and openness. Held to the third eye (middle of forehead), Amazonite unlocks psychic vision.• Vibrates to the number 5.
- Amber - Mohs Hardness: 1-1.2 - Treatment: None - Color: Golden yellow to orange
- Is fossilized resin of trees. Most amber is golden yellow to golden orange. Transparent to translucent it usually occurs as nodules or small, irregularly shaped masses, often with a cracked and weathered surface. Amber may contain insects, moss, lichen, or pine needles that were trapped millions of years ago while the resin was still sticky. Found in the Baltic region of Poland and the former USSR. Amber has been found on the coasts of England, Norway, and Denmark. Other localities include the Dominican Republic, Mexico, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Romania, Canada, Czechoslovakia, and the USA. Amber is a very old mineral substance; amber talismans have been found in Stone Age archaeological deposits. Wear amber to attract warm, loyal, and generous people into your life; or carry amber on your person to lend logic or wit to a difficult situation. Mixed with turquoise, amber is reminiscent of Sky Father or the sun in the sky. This combination of energies may be used successfully to quiet the mind and calm the nervous system. Knock on wood three times with a natural piece of amber to call on the spirits of the trees for special favors. To increase prosperity, sew amber and turquoise along with several coins in a coyote skin pouch and bury the pouch in the earth. •
Healing PROPERTIES: Magnet like qualities. Attracts spiritual forces. Facilitates family bonding. Brings soul mate. Helps receive. Promotes humor and adaptability. Brings success. Helps with judicial matters. heightens instincts. Enhances artistic qualities. Helps overcome obstacles. Relieves grief and melancholy. Encourages world peace. Brings greater awareness of inner self. Provides strength. Conveys harmony. Beneficial for hepatitis, cleansing and childbirth. Energy: Electric Element: Fire Planet/Sign: Sun/Leo; Mercury • Vibrates to the number 3.
Ametrine Crystals that are part citrine and part amethyst are called Ametrine. • Vibrates to the number 4.
- Amethyst Mohs Hardness: 7 - Treatment: None - Color: Light to medium purple (See Quartz)
- Is crystalline quartz in shades of purple, lilac, or mauve. Amethyst is Dichroic, showing a bluish or reddish purple tinge when viewed from different angles. Some amethyst is heat treated to change the color to yellow, producing citrine. Found in Brazil, Russia, Canada, Sri Lanka, India, Uruguay, Madagascar, Germany, Austria, Namibia, Zambia, and the USA. Healing PROPERTIES: Keeps boyfriend safe. Alleviates fears and depression. Gives sense of direction, promotes inner peace. Enables forgiveness. Brings forth adaptability and greater vision. Calms with strong, protective qualities. Useful in meditation, healing and developing intuition. Helps business affairs prosper. Attracts Indian guide. Protects against illness. Excellent blood cleanser, energizer. Beneficial for eyes.
- Vibrates to the number 3.
Deposits are found in Burma (Myanmar,) Brazil, India, Kenya, Madagascar, Mexico, Norway, Sri Lanka, South Africa, and the USA.
Apatite comes in a variety of colors ranging from yellow to green, white, pink, blue, or purple. Enhances intellect, focus, learning, clarity of concentration, acceptance, oceanic consciousness and unconditional love. It stimulates thoughts and ideas. This stone is useful in all intellectual pursuits. Apatite fosters peace and harmony through communication and communion of our higher self • Vibrates to the number 9.
- A blue-green stone. Associated with cleansing, meditation, serenity, peace, prophecy, inspiration, tranquility, strength and the wise use of inner power. This stone is attuned to the ocean and helps us to get in touch with the nature spirits of the sea. It is traditionally used to soothe, calm and alleviate fears and phobias. Promotes safe travel on water. • Vibrates to the number 1.
- Keeps boyfriend and daughter safe. Brings good fortune. Mends a broken heart. Opens psychic doorways. Conveys illumination, inspiration and greater wisdom. Benefits arthritis and hearing problems.
- Aventurine - Mohs Hardness: 7 - Treatment: None - Color: Spring green - Red - Blue
- A type of glass discovered by chance (Italian - a ventura) around 1700 gave the same name to the similar-looking stone. Mostly dark green with metallic iridescence caused by included fuchsite (green mica) or red- to gold-brown caused by hematite leaves. Also in blue. Deposits are found in Brazil, India, Austria, Russia, and Tanzania. Aventurine is a variety of mineral (usually quartz or feldspar) which is spangled with bright particles of mica, hematite, etc. Aventurine provides for balancing of the male/female energies, enhancing ones creativity, supplementing motivation in activities, and augmenting the "pioneering" spirit. It also reinforces ones decisiveness, amplifies ones leadership qualities, and is a willing participant in instinctive action. It facilitates balancing and alignment of the intellectual, emotional, physical, and auric bodies. It has been used in rituals of the medicine wheel, to show to the spirit guides the connection with the healing light of the heart. In these ceremonies it is held at the heart of each participant around the medicine wheel; it has been reported that during contact with the spirit guides, the participants have felt a "wash of love" fall around them. It has been used in the treatment of disorders of the lungs, heart, adrenal glands, and the muscular and urogenital systems. • Vibrates to the number 3.
- A dark blue, metallic mineral. Augments clear understanding, cleansing, healing, transformation, perspective, purification, patience, kindness, intuition, prophecy and truth. This stone offers spiritual guidance, promotes psychic dreams, unites the subconscious with the conscious mind and expands the limits of our minds. • Vibrates to the number 1.
- B -
- Beryl - An ore of beryllium. CLEAR BERYL (also known as Goshenite)
- increases intellectual abilities, wisdom and the capacity to see things from all sides. GOLDEN BERYL (also known as Heliodor) brings persistence, altruism, spirituality, healing, strength, learning, communication and comfort. PINK BERYL (also known as Morganite or Bixbite) fosters tolerance, empathy, love, acceptance and a "live and let live" attitude. • Vibrates to the number 1.
- Black Onyx - Mohs Hardness: 6.5-7 - Treatment: Dyed for color uniformity - Color: Black (See also Chalcedony)
- Onyx is similar to agate, but it has straight rather than curved bands. These may be brown and white or black and white. Since ancient Egyptian times, onyx has been stained to improve or change its color. Much onyx has been produced by soaking agate in a sugar solution, then heating it in sulfuric acid to carbonize the sugar particles. Found worldwide. Onyx is formed by the deposition of silica in gas cavities in lava, which results in the distinctive bands. Onyx registers the gravitational pull of Earth. It therefore is grounding, aids concentration, and absorbs negativity from the environment. Use onyx when there is a need for protection, self-discipline, or sexual self-control. Healing PROPERTIES: Fosters inner truth, understanding, confidence and friendship. Provides wealth. Aids access to dream world. Dispels nightmares. Encourages individuality, greater joy. Stimulates emotional balance and self-control. Helps achieve destiny. Relieves stress. Beneficial for cleansing. Energy: Electric Element: Air and Fire Planet/Sign: Mercury/Virgo; Jupiter/Sagittarius Vibrates to the number 6.
- Bloodstone (See also Chalcedony)
- Is opaque, green, spotted varieties of chalcedony. The dark green of bloodstone is spotted with red because of the presence of iron oxides. These distinctive spots seem to resemble blood, thus giving the stone its name. Found in India, Brazil, China, Australia, and the USA. Bloodstone in general is a healing stone and stimulant. Carry it to enrich iron-poor, tired blood or to help balance other blood-related disorders.
The green, red-spotted bloodstone is also a prosperity stone; it ensures the wearer of monetary increase and abundant harvest. During the Middle Ages, bloodstone was thought to have the power to bring rain. • Healing PROPERTIES: Brings greater consciousness, harmony and serenity. Acts as a jinx remover. Attraction like qualities. Helps overcome anger, enables forgiveness. Sharpens perception, enhances telepathy. Eases emotional and physical stress. Assists in meeting and conquering challenges. Promotes safe journey. Aids judicial matters. Invigorates and oxygenates blood stream. Helps balance iron deficiency. Benefits adrenal gland, bladder problems, and intestinal worms. Energy: Electric Element: Air and Fire Planet/Sign: Mercury/Virgo; Jupiter/Sagittarius • Vibrates to the numbers 4 and 6.
- Botswana Agate (See Agate)
- A banded agate that is said to augment protection, fertility, sensuality, sexuality, passion, artistic expression and emotional comfort.
Back to Top
- C -
- Calcite - Astrological sign of Cancer
- The various crystallized forms of calcite include masses, grains, stalactites, scalenohdrons, and rhombohedrons. It is, however, characterized by the rhombohedron crystallization. Calcite is colorless or white and can become green, pink, peach, golden, orange, yellow, red, blue, gray, or black when other compounds blend with it during formation. This mineral releases electrical impulses when placed under pressure, and is an energy amplifier. It is said to help the mind and body to remember - the mind, to remember information brought to bear during astral travel and channeling experiences; the body, to remember the state of perfection during disease in order to return to the natural state of flawless-ness. Calcite is a world teacher for all of humanity, facilitating macrocosmic awareness and appreciation of the creative forces of nature. It is an excellent stone when studying the arts and sciences. • Vibrates to the number 8
- Keeps son and family safe. Helps overcome grief. Conveys mental clarity. Dispels bad luck. Brings wealth. Encourages responsibility and good will. Opens and realigns the Chakras. Heals eye ailments. Benefits bone marrow.
Carnelian - Mohs Hardness: 6.5 - Treatment: usually heat treated - Color: Light to dark reddish brown/orange (See also Chalcedony)
- is also called cornelian. This translucent, reddish orange variety of chalcedony was once thought to still the blood and calm the temper. Its various shades of red are due to the presence of iron oxide. Stones may be uniformly colored or faintly banded. The best carnelian is from India, where it is placed in the sun to change brown tints to red. Although most carnelian on the market is stained chalcedony from Brazil or Uruguay. Carnelian relieves sexual tension by redirecting the energy stored in the reproductive center of the body; it may also be used to excite sluggish sexual energy. Unresolved feelings of anger, hostility, and hatred may be harmonized when carnelian is worn at the heart center, as this stone instills powerful sensations of well-being. Healing PROPERTIES: Brings good luck, happiness, success, prosperity. Positive influence on mental plane. Increases awareness, improves memory. Cleanses aura. Attracts the Great Masters. Helps settle disputes. Enhances accomplishments. Provides faith. Energizes the blood. Protects against illness. Beneficial for tissue regeneration, infections, and inflammations • Energy: Electric Element: Air and Fire Planet/Sign: Mercury/Virgo; Jupiter/Sagittarius • Vibrates to the numbers 5 and 6.
- Chalcedony - Mohs Hardness: 7
- White to gray, brown, blue, black; clear read to brownish red (Carnelian); bright green with red spots (Bloodstone); variegated and banded (Agate); with moss like or treelike inclusions (Moss Agate); apple-green (Chrysoprase); variegated and mottled red, yellow, brown (Jasper); whitish, dull gray, smoky brown to black (Flint) Chalcedony is a form of quartz crystal. During the 1700's it was believed that chalcedony embodied the power to banish evil spirits and nightmares. Chalcedony was once carried by sailors to protect against drowning. Astrologers of the Middle Ages wore engraved signet rings of chalcedony as amulets. Magic stone fetishes made of chalcedony were fed sacrificial blood by some Burmese tribes, to guard the house and to keep the stones from eating the people. Medicine Uses: In general, chalcedony gives success in lawsuits, good health, safe travels, and protects against harmful spirits. However, there are many varieties of chalcedony crystal, each with its own particular properties- Agate, Bloodstone, Carnelian, Chrysoprase, Fire Agate, Fortification Agate, Flint, Jasper, Landscape Agate, Moss Agate, Onyx, Prase. Healing PROPERTIES: Helps overcome jealousy, despair. Brings love and comfort. Dispels anger. Balances ego. Supports fidelity. Promotes awareness, clearer psychic vision. Beneficial for business. Relieves nervousness. Promotes good health. • Energy: Electric Element: Air and Fire Planet/Sign: Mercury/Virgo; Jupiter/Sagittarius • Vibrates to the number 9.
- Charoite (New to the Market)
- Lilac-colored to violet. Translucent to opaque. Named after a river in Siberia, Russia. Was recognized in 1978 as independent mineral. Found in Russia. "new to the market" does not necessarily mean that this stone has not been around for a long time, but its importance for the gemstone trade has remained minor or insignificant due to its extreme rarity of occurrence in gemstone quality or because it has been poorly marketed. This mineral provides for transmutation of negativity and for grounding to the spiritual self. It can be useful in cleansing the auric body, filling the chakras with a loving spiritual emotion of purity , and in assisting one in comprehension of self-inflicted "lessons." It enhances ones "giving" nature, opening the heart to allow one to "see" with love, and to recognize the connection between "All."
- It awakens analytical abilities and precision, providing for scrutiny in the investigation of the unknown. It instills a "brotherhood of light" between the individual, the dualities, and the total environment of the planet; hence, promulgating the idea of relationships and stimulating flexibility with respect to "letting go." It sustains ones attention span, allows for discrimination between validity and fiction, and helps one to realize that "as one door closes, another opens." It is a "stone for transformation," within this world, and from this world to another.
- Charoite tends to transmute the symptoms of illness and disease to wellness. It can be used to treat disorders of the eyes and heart, to allay headaches and general aches and pains, to improve degraded conditions of the liver, to improve degraded conditions of the pancreas, and to stimulate and regulate the blood pressure and pulse rate. It can be an excellent cleanser of the body when taken as an elixir.
- Vibrates to the number 7.
- Keeps father safe. Dissipates confusion, improves memory. Enhances success, prosperity and happiness. Encourages friendliness. Intensifies faith. Increases longevity. Promotes accomplishments. Historically associated with repelling the "Evil Eye." Reputed to cure fevers, invigorate blood flow and increase secretion of milk in nursing mothers. Benefits colic, kidney stones, consumption and feminine discomfort.
- Vibrates to the number 3
- A blue-green member of the quartz family. Also known as Gem Silica. Is associated with tranquility, serenity, peace, subconscious wisdom, intuition, patience, nurturing, acceptance, tolerance, unconditional love, calmness, meditation, honesty, hope, intimacy, gentleness and sensitivity. Vibrates to the number 5.
- Chrysoprase - Mohs Hardness: 6.5 - Treatment: None - Color: Bottle green (See also Chalcedony)
- Chrysoprase/Prase was used by both the Greeks and Romans as a decorative stone. It is the most valued variety of chalcedony. The color, derived from the presence of nickel, may fade in sunlight, and stones may then be confused with fine jade.
Found in Poland, Czechoslovakia, Australia, Brazil, Urals (Russia), Austria, and California in the USA.
Feeds the heart and cleans the bloodstream of impurities by encouraging the proper assimilation and distribution of food-energy throughout the body-earth. Pure, apple-green Chrysoprase induces tranquility in nervous, high-strung dispositions, and can be helpful in the treatment of neurosis. This stone may also be used to reduce feverish or inflammatory conditions.
A Chrysoprase crystal held in the mouth is said to grant the power of invisibility. Healing PROPERTIES: Facilitates access to spirit plane. Provides strength, outer light and general well-being. Brings soul mate, divine lover. Curtails superiority or inferiority complex. Balances neurotic patterns. Lessens depressive and sexual imbalances. Brings adaptability, sense of humor. Alleviates fears. Encourages enthusiasm. Promotes awareness of and interest in literature. Bestows cleansing and calming affect. Energy: Electric Element: Air and fire Planet/Sign: Mercury/Virgo; Jupiter/Sagittarius•Vibrates to the number 3.
- Citrine - Mohs Hardness: 7 - Treatment: usually heat treated - Color: Medium to dark gold; some color zoning (See also Quartz)
- Is the yellow or golden yellow variety of quartz. The yellow coloration, due to the presence of iron, is also responsible for the name, derived from the word citrus. natural citrine is usually a pale yellow, but rare; most citrine is a heat-treated amethyst.&Found in Brazil, Spain, Madagascar and the former USSR. Citrine was a prized stone among the Celtic and Scottish people. It is energizing, invigorating, and positive. It increases motivation and relieves feelings of inertia, thereby improving digestion and clearing congestion from the internal organs. Citrine may work to purify the blood as well. Healing PROPERTIES: Keeps sister and journey safe. Raises self-esteem. Brings about cheerful demeanor. Heightens perception. Enhances creativity, promotes harmony. Encourages kindness, brings wisdom. Positive influence on education, business, family, and interpersonal relations. Helps achieve one's destiny. Stores information. Good for cleansing. Optimizes body's healing energy. benefits kidneys, colon, liver, gall bladder, digestive organs, and heart. Vibrates to the number 6.
- Coral - Mohs Hardness: 3-4
- Is formed from the skeletons of tiny sea creatures. WHITE CORAL is linked with balance, relaxation, protection, safe travel on water, appreciation of nature, and emotional balance. PINK CORAL is associated with platonic love, friendship and community. RED CORAL promotes creativity, passion, romantic love, wisdom, optimism and enthusiasm. BLACK CORAL grants serenity and peace while absorbing negative energy.
- The black coral used in making jewelry comes from the Red Sea off the coast of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. It was taken from a depth of 75 - 100 feet below the surface of the sea. Several phases of curing and polishing take place before it is used in making jewelry. It is durable if properly taken care of. You can clean the black coral jewelry with any cleaner that is safe to use on pearls. Keep the coral away from harsh chemicals and chlorine in swimming pools. If you properly care for your black coral, it will last a lifetime. In old days black coral was only allowed to be worn by the kings and was thought to bring good luck (thus it was known as Kings Coral)
Vibrates to the master number 22.
Back to Top
- Crazylace Agate (See Agate) click on icon to take you there
- D -
- The color is clear. The CLEAR DIAMOND is said to bond relationships, and encourage innocence, love, longevity, balance, clarity, profundity, abundance, courage, purity, hope and discernment. This stone helps us get to the essence of things. BLACK DIAMONDS grant us the courage to look within without illusion. BLUE DIAMONDS inspire us to take better care of our health and strengthen will power. PINK DIAMONDS foster creative expression. YELLOW DIAMONDS make us more thoughtful and considerate.
- Crystallizes forming emerald-green masses, prismatic crystals, and crystalline aggregates. It is a relatively rare mineral and is found in only a few localities. The most beautiful dioptase comes from Tsumeb, Namibia. It is one of the best healing stones of the age. This mineral can be used to both clear and stimulate all chakras to the higher level of awareness and action, bringing an invigoration and a refreshing energy to the physical, emotional, and intellectual bodies. It further instills a clarity of connection between the physical body and the perfection of the ethereal body. It is an excellent stone for furthering spiritual attunement; use of dioptase over the third-eye can help one to see to the root of a problem and can help one to gain the wisdom to correct the neglect. It stimulates the memory of past-lives and assists one in obtaining attunement to both conscious awareness of these lives and to the inner reality which has been the basis for these lives.
- Energy: Magnetic Element: Earth Planet/Sign: Venus; Mercury/Virgo; Jupiter/Sagittarius
Vibrates to the number 8
- Healing PROPERTIES: Encourages creative expression, humor. Brings spirit forces. Helps judicial matters. Soothes and provides relief during time of mourning. Promotes adaptability, strong family bonds and longevity. Imparts strength. Brings soul mate. Protects from illness. Vibrates to the number 3.
- Druse or Drusy
- Crust of tiny crystals lining a rock cavity. These are minerals with their crystal structure exposed, like the inside of a geode on a smaller scale. Often, drusy stones exhibit more richness of color than their composite mineral.
- Is best known in its massive form. which makes an attractive violet and blue decorative stone when polished. Dumortierite is also found inter grown with rock crystal (colorless quartz) and is then called Dumortierite quartz. This material is usually cut or polished to make decorative stones and beads. Found mostly in Nevada, USA - other areas include France, Madagascar, Norway, Sri Lanka, Canada, Poland, Namibia, and Italy.
Dark blue, violet blue or reddish brown. Promotes harmony, orderliness, precision, self-discipline and the ability to organize. Helps us become more businesslike, systematic, tidy and methodical.
Dumortierite was named after the French scientist M. E. Dumortier.
Vibrates to the number 4.
- E -
- Emerald - Mohs Hardness: 7.5 - Treatment: Oiled - Color: Light to medium green
- Gets its name from the Latin smaragdus, which refers to a type of precious gemstone. Traces of chromium and vanadium in the crystalline structure produce the green color. Emerald has been treasured since 4000 B.C., when it was traded in early gem markets of Babylon. Egyptian emerald mines were worked as early as 2000 B.C. and were the main source of emeralds for the West until the 16th century. By this time finer-quality emeralds were being mined in Colombia, and eventually became the world's most coveted emeralds. A green member of the Beryl family. Emeralds promote love, romance, joy, cleansing, clairvoyance, clear vision, memory, faith, intuition, serenity, intelligence and communication. This is a truth-promoting stone, inspiring deep knowing from within. Vibrates to the number 4.
- Back to Top
- F -
- Fire Agate
- Occurs due to the inclusion of very thin layers of iridescent limonite. It represents the spiritual flame of absolute perfection. It is said to dispel fear from the very depths of the inner being and to provide a protective shield that reflects all threat of harm back to the source such that the source may personally understand the act. It is also a stone to encourage one to be the "best" possible. Its energy provides an impetus to actions and stimulates both progression and advancement. It has been used on the triple-burner acupressure / acupuncture meridians to dissolve blockages and to assist in the treatment of circulatory disorders and disorders of the central nervous system. It can also be used in the treatment of disorders of the eyes, to bring clarity to the sight, and to enhance night vision. Is said to help those who are overly timid become more assertive and self expressive. Also associated with courage, protection, enthusiasm and goodness.
- Fire Opal
- Inspires dynamic energy, intensity, passion, emotional expressiveness. Also see Opal.
- Has limited use as a gemstone because it is relatively soft and easily scratched. Despite its fragility, stones are faceted and can be polished very brightly. Found in Canada, South Africa, Thailand, Peru, Mexico, China, Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Norway, England, Germany, Switzerland, and the USA. Ancient Egyptians used fluorite in statues and to carve scarabs and the Chinese have used it in carvings for more than 300 years. In the 18th century, fluorite was powered in water to relieve the symptoms of kidney disease. Fluorite is a New Millennium stone. This New Millennium stone emphasizes the concerns of ancestral connections, the immediate home and family, and our interconnectedness with the Earth. While fluorite impresses us on personal levels, it also conducts energy from the upper world of spirit to the lower world of soul. Generally, fluorite is helpful for easing emotional problems, especially those arising on the home front.
Fluorite is associated with fluoride, the tooth-decay preventative, and may be used to strengthen the teeth and bones.
Healing PROPERTIES: Keeps family safe. Considered the "Genius Stone" Brings good luck, protects from misfortune. Attraction like qualities. Enhances mental concentration, clarity. Dispels loneliness, brings love. Helps overcome flaws. Assists one to recognize reality versus illusion. Promotes sense of honor, good will. Attracts the Great Masters. Helps acquire attunement and vision. Valuable healing stone. Benefits heart, teeth, bones, spleen, and blood vessels. Energy: Electromagnetic Element: Air and Water Planet/Sign: Mercury/Gemini; Saturn-Uranus/Aquarius; Moon/Cancer. • Vibrates to the number 7.
Back to Top
- The fossil is a preserved remnant of the past. Most fossils are organic matters that have transformed to stone, in many cases a mineral.
It can be used to both heighten and supplement ones accomplishments in the business realm and to instill quality and excellence within ones environment. It helps one to dispense with old "programming" and schedules, and to be open and receptive to, and perceptive of, the fresh innovative forces that are available. It can be used in the stimulation of the thymus, and in the treatment of disorders associated with atrophication, the skeletal system, and the hands and feet. • Vibrates to the number 8.
- G -
Gaspeite - Light green. Opaque. New on the market.
- Garnet - Mohs Hardness: 7-7.5 - Treatment: None - Color: Blood red to brownish plum to black
- Deep red to reddish black (Pyrope) contains living fire and works to release outworn habit patterns by destroying the erroneous ideas and emotions that keep us enslaved to guilt and fear. Pyrope clears the way for new beginnings.
This stone has long been recognized for its use as an anti-inflammatory and blood-clotting agent. Some Asiatic tribes once used garnets as bullets, believing that the red stone would cause a more deadly wound than a leaden bullet. An ancient Greco-Roman tradition claims that when engraved with the image of a dragon and worn as a talisman, the garnet brings riches, joy, and good health.
Found in South Africa, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Myanmar, Scotland, Switzerland, Tanzania, and the USA (Arizona).Healing PROPERTIES: Keeps wife, mother and family safe. The color red represents profound love. Provides abundance. Increases intelligence. Encourages education, honor and change. Helps overcome inferiority complex. Enhances self-esteem. Attracts astral forces, Indian Guide and the Great Masters. Promotes truthfulness, healing and understanding. Balances solitude and peace. Facilitates access to spiritual plane. Nurtures astral travel, clairvoyance. Enhances greater vision, psychic awareness, dreams and wisdom. Helps deal with death. Eases constipation. Purifies, fortifies, and revitalizes bodily systems, especially blood stream. Energy: Electromagnetic Element: Air and Water Planet/Sign: Mercury/Gemini; Saturn-Uranus/Aquarius; Moon/Cancer • Vibrates to the number 2.
- Golden agate - (see Agate) click on link to take you there.
- Granite - Encourages us to go with the flow, and helps us find our highest path. Teaches us to live in a state of grace.
- Vibrates to the number 2.
Back to Top
- Green Prase - (see Chrysoprase) click on icon to take you there
- H -
- Hematite - Mohs Hardness: 6-6.5 - Treatment: None - Color: Blackish gray with a metallic luster Used as an ornamental stone since
- early times, hematite has sometimes erroneously been called black diamond. The ancient Egyptians used it to treat hysteria, to reduce inflammation and to place in tombs. Engraved hematite seals have been found in the ruins of ancient Babylon. Hematite usually occurs as massive, opaque material with a metallic luster, showing a blood red color when cut into thin slices. Found around Lake Superior, Canada (Quebec), Brazil, Venezuela, England, Switzerland, Germany, and Elba. Powdered, it may be used as an artist's pigment or for polishing. In the past it was worn as protection against bleeding. Healing PROPERTIES: Keeps brother and home safe. Brings luck, good health, money and higher love. Induces feeling of lust. Helps overcome anger, jealousy. Provides comfort during times of grief. Promotes discipline, strength, power. Aligns one with God. Turns dreams into reality. Helps balance energy between body, mind and spirit. Increases psychic awareness. Useful in meditation. Balances emotions. Augments resistance to stress. Good for anointing. Positive effect on blood stream. Circulates oxygen throughout the body. Benefits bronchitis. ï Vibrates to the number 9.
- Hicorite (Moukaite) - see Jasper Is a trade name given to Moukaite (Jasper) - Pink to light red, cloudy. Found in Australia
Back to Top
- Howlite [Astrological sign of Gemini]
- Crystallizes in the form of white nodules, compact masses, and tabular crystals.This mineral can be used to calm communication, to facilitate awareness and to encourage emotional expression.It dispels criticalness, cold selfishness, and facetious-ness, bringing both strength and innocence to immediate confrontations. It builds an innate decency within ones character, encouraging those attributes which are the building blocks to spirituality. Howlite can be used to eliminate pain, stress, and rage; hence, it is quite nice to have around. It can help to lessen rudeness and boisterousness, and can provide for a reflection of the offender to the offender. It discourages impertinent behavior and encourages subtlety and tact.This mineral can be useful for balancing calcium levels in the body, both stimulating increase or decrease dependent upon the area. It can also be used in the treatment of disorders of the teeth, bone structure, and soft tissues. ï Vibrates to the number 2
- I -
Back to Top
- Iolite - Mohs Hardness: 7-7.5 - Treatment: None - Color: Violet blue [Astrological signs of Libra, Sagittarius & Taurus] -
- also known as Cordierite - Crystallizes in the form of masses, grains, and short prismatic crystals. The color range includes blue, brown, yellow, dark violet, gray, and green. This mineral also exhibits the pleochroic qualities; i.e., X-axis showing clear yellow, Y-axis showing dark violet, blue, or brown, and the Z-axis showing clear blue. In some cases a metamorphic change has occurred in the iolite and the colors which are seen are shades of gray-green, green-gray, and brown-gray. Ioliot is called the "violet stone" It is one of the major stones for use in the third-eye/crown area during healing, during guided meditations, and during astral travel adventures. Its positioning in this area can determine the nature and the extent of the success of the activity. One must use the intuitive capabilities to determine the correct location for each specific situation. This mineral helps one to change "painlessly" the change being toward spiritual growth and enhanced "illusion."It produces an electrical charge when in contact with ones auric field and can both strengthen and align this field with the subtle bodies. Enables independence, success, prosperity and happiness. Eliminates confusion, relieves anxiety. Helps overcome flaws and attain accomplishments. Encourages forgiveness. Increases awareness and memory. Cleanses aura. Reveres body as temple ï Vibrates to the number 7